Friday, October 22, 2010

drinking at school

10/20
Yesterday at school we had a mini supra in the middle of the day for one of the teacher’s birthday.  There are many problems with this because 1) they put the whole school on hold so that they teachers could have a party, 2) there was  very strong homemade Georgian wine at the supra 3) Georgians think it’s great when I drink.  Needless to say I went to my next class, following this mini party, slightly intoxicated.  I tried to tell them that I didn’t want to drink because we still had more lessons that day but my principal insisted that I drink and that it really didn’t matter.  She ended up getting drunk off of three glasses of this wine.  This is totally the norm though.
                I was totally exhausted by the end of the 6th period and I still had one more class to go.  I was more tired and frustrated than usual because this was the second day in a row that my co-English teacher had not been at school. I knew she was not going to be there but I didn’t realized how difficult the 4th graders were going to be.  I teach 3rd grade and their behavior is better!  So by the end of 6th period I told my 7th period class (my  11th graders) to just go home, they were more than excited to go home early.  More than half the class was missing and I didn’t think they were going to show up either.  This also just happens.  Students are around, somewhere, but they just don’t go to class and the best part is, is that no one cares.
                Then I proceeded to have a dance party in our computer lab with two of the other younger teacher and a 9th grader.  Maybe he should have been in class… I don’t know.  Either way it was a really good time.   I guess people on the street could hear the music and they would give little jig when they walked by the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment