Friday, October 22, 2010

Georgian TV

10/21
                Whoever thought that I would find myself watching cheesy Mexican soap operas in Georgia?  Certainly not I.  They don’t get any less cheesy here then they are in the states either.  I wouldn’t mind so much if I could actually watch them and hear what’s going on because that way I could practice my Spanish but…they are dubbed over in Georgian.  I can kind of hear the Spanish in the background but not enough to really help.
                The best part is that my eight year old host-brother is crazy about these shows.  He gets so frustrated when my host-sister changes the channel to something interesting like the news.  Even though we watch the news in Georgian I would rather watch that than these soap operas.
                Georgia also dubs cartoons.  I think it would be a great way for my host-brother to hear more English but I guess those channels don’t come in in English. But I’m pretty sure you can get them in Russian and Turkish if you really want.  I just don’t understand how you can watch the same cartoon is 3 different languages but never actually watch it in its originally language, English.  Well actually most of it is probably comes from Japan so really it should be in Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment